Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 15, 2012 at 19:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 19:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.39 meters/second, 1567.4 km/hour, 973.9 miles/hour or 846.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||south||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 54.6"||973.70 mi||west||0° 10' 43.0"||12.28 mi||south||973.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 33.0"||940.69 mi||east||3° 51' 49.8"||265.65 mi||south||969.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Mon 2:02 PM||1620 km||1006 miles||875 nm||S|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 1:02 PM||2256 km||1402 miles||1218 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Mon 11:02 AM||2852 km||1772 miles||1540 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Mon 2:02 PM||3176 km||1973 miles||1715 nm||E|
|Quito||Mon 2:02 PM||3361 km||2088 miles||1815 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Mon 1:02 PM||3477 km||2161 miles||1878 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Mon 1:02 PM||3486 km||2166 miles||1883 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Mon 1:02 PM||3506 km||2179 miles||1893 nm||NE|
|Managua||Mon 1:02 PM||3529 km||2193 miles||1905 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Mon 1:02 PM||3633 km||2258 miles||1962 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.