Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 15, 2012 at 9:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 21:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.44 meters/second, 1564.0 km/hour, 971.8 miles/hour or 844.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 43.1"||971.56 mi||West||0° 10' 29.4"||12.02 mi||South||971.29 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 48.8"||943.62 mi||East||3° 45' 13.0"||258.08 mi||South||970.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 11:48 AM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||SW|
|Taiohae||Mon 12:18 PM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:48 AM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:48 AM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:48 PM||2135 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Mon 10:48 AM||2617 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:48 AM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 11:48 AM||2770 km||1721 miles||1496 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:48 AM||3203 km||1990 miles||1730 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:48 AM||3658 km||2273 miles||1975 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.