Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 15, 2012 at 10:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.32 meters/second, 1563.6 km/hour, 971.6 miles/hour or 844.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.19 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 41.8"||971.31 mi||West||0° 10' 27.8"||11.99 mi||South||971.03 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 19.3"||943.96 mi||East||3° 44' 24.1"||257.15 mi||South||970.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 12:08 PM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 12:08 PM||1282 km||797 miles||692 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:08 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Mon 11:08 AM||2121 km||1318 miles||1145 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 12:08 PM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:08 AM||2252 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 2:08 PM||2548 km||1583 miles||1376 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 11:08 AM||2714 km||1686 miles||1465 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 10:08 AM||3184 km||1978 miles||1719 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:08 AM||3298 km||2049 miles||1781 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.