Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 15, 2012 at 11:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 23:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.01 meters/second, 1562.4 km/hour, 970.9 miles/hour or 843.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 38.2"||970.60 mi||West||0° 10' 23.2"||11.90 mi||South||970.33 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 41.1"||944.88 mi||East||3° 42' 10.7"||254.60 mi||South||970.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Mon 12:02 PM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 1:02 PM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 12:02 PM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 1:02 PM||894 km||555 miles||482 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:02 PM||910 km||565 miles||491 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:02 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:02 PM||1465 km||910 miles||791 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 1:02 PM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:02 PM||1846 km||1147 miles||997 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:02 AM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.