Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 15, 2012 at 23:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 23:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.71 meters/second, 1561.4 km/hour, 970.2 miles/hour or 843.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||16.17 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||south||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 34.7"||970.01 mi||west||0° 10' 18.7"||11.82 mi||south||969.73 mi|
|24 hours||14° 03' 57.8"||945.79 mi||east||3° 40' 03.0"||252.18 mi||south||971.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Tue 11:52 AM||35 km||21 miles||19 nm||NNE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 1:52 PM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||E|
|Apia *||Tue 1:52 PM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||E|
|Pago Pago||Mon 12:52 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||E|
|Neiafu||Tue 12:52 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||SSE|
|Pangai||Tue 12:52 PM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:52 PM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:52 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NW|
|Suva||Tue 11:52 AM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||SW|
|Lautoka||Tue 11:52 AM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.