Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 15, 2012 at 11:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 23:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.72 meters/second, 1561.4 kilometres/hour, 970.2 miles/hour or 843.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 34.7"||969.95 mi||West||0° 10' 18.8"||11.82 mi||South||969.67 mi|
|24 hours||14° 03' 56.0"||945.71 mi||East||3° 40' 05.8"||252.22 mi||South||971.05 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Tue 11:52 AM||38 km||24 miles||20 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 1:52 PM||408 km||254 miles||220 nm||E|
|Apia *||Tue 1:52 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||E|
|Pago Pago||Mon 12:52 PM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||E|
|Labasa||Tue 11:52 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||WSW|
|Neiafu||Tue 12:52 PM||599 km||372 miles||324 nm||SSE|
|Atafu||Tue 12:52 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:52 PM||701 km||436 miles||379 nm||NE|
|Pangai||Tue 12:52 PM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:52 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.