Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 12:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.52 meters/second, 1560.7 km/hour, 969.8 miles/hour or 842.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 32.3"||969.51 mi||West||0° 10' 15.7"||11.76 mi||South||969.23 mi|
|24 hours||345° 55' 13.2"||946.26 mi||West||3° 38' 39.9"||250.58 mi||South||971.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lautoka||Tue 12:26 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||SSE|
|Nadi||Tue 12:26 PM||485 km||302 miles||262 nm||SSE|
|Labasa||Tue 12:26 PM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||SE|
|Levuka||Tue 12:26 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||SE|
|Suva||Tue 12:26 PM||564 km||351 miles||305 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Tue 12:26 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Tue 11:26 AM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||WSW|
|Luganville||Tue 11:26 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 1:26 PM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Tue 2:26 PM||1340 km||833 miles||724 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.