Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 03:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 03:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.34 meters/second, 1556.4 km/hour, 967.1 miles/hour or 840.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.12 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||south||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 18.7"||966.85 mi||west||0° 09' 57.4"||11.41 mi||south||966.56 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 43.0"||949.43 mi||east||3° 29' 53.2"||240.53 mi||south||971.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Tue 1:18 PM||461 km||287 miles||249 nm||ENE|
|Suai||Tue 12:48 PM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Tue 11:48 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||NW|
|Same||Tue 12:48 PM||601 km||373 miles||324 nm||NNW|
|Baucau||Tue 12:48 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||N|
|Dili||Tue 12:48 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||NNW|
|Ende||Tue 11:48 AM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||NW|
|Tennant Creek||Tue 1:18 PM||970 km||602 miles||524 nm||SE|
|Kendari||Tue 11:48 AM||1240 km||770 miles||669 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Tue 1:18 PM||1269 km||789 miles||685 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.