Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 6:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 06:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.56 meters/second, 1553.6 km/hour, 965.4 miles/hour or 838.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 09.9"||965.10 mi||West||0° 09' 44.6"||11.17 mi||South||964.80 mi|
|24 hours||14° 12' 50.5"||951.36 mi||East||3° 23' 56.0"||233.72 mi||South||971.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Tue 12:32 PM||342 km||212 miles||184 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Tue 1:02 PM||1436 km||892 miles||775 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Tue 1:02 PM||1592 km||989 miles||860 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Tue 1:02 PM||1614 km||1003 miles||872 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Tue 1:02 PM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||NE|
|Singapore||Tue 2:02 PM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Tue 1:02 PM||2096 km||1302 miles||1132 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Tue 2:02 PM||2099 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||NNE|
|Pontianak||Tue 1:02 PM||2254 km||1401 miles||1217 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Tue 2:02 PM||2294 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.