Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 06:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 06:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.55 meters/second, 1553.6 km/hour, 965.3 miles/hour or 838.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||south||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 09.8"||965.15 mi||west||0° 09' 44.6"||11.17 mi||south||964.86 mi|
|24 hours||14° 12' 51.9"||951.44 mi||east||3° 23' 53.0"||233.68 mi||south||972.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Tue 12:32 PM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Tue 1:02 PM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Tue 1:02 PM||1616 km||1004 miles||872 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Tue 1:02 PM||1639 km||1019 miles||885 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Tue 1:02 PM||1690 km||1050 miles||913 nm||NE|
|Singapore||Tue 2:02 PM||2024 km||1257 miles||1093 nm||NNE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Tue 2:02 PM||2107 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Tue 1:02 PM||2123 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||ENE|
|Pontianak||Tue 1:02 PM||2275 km||1414 miles||1228 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Tue 2:02 PM||2323 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.