Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.80 meters/second, 1547.3 km/hour, 961.4 miles/hour or 835.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 50.4"||961.15 mi||West||0° 09' 14.5"||10.59 mi||South||960.85 mi|
|24 hours||14° 19' 31.6"||955.25 mi||East||3° 09' 54.5"||217.66 mi||South||972.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mongu||Tue 1:02 PM||24 km||15 miles||13 nm||NE|
|Rundu *||Tue 1:02 PM||440 km||273 miles||237 nm||SW|
|Maun||Tue 1:02 PM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||S|
|Luena||Tue 12:02 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||NW|
|Lusaka||Tue 1:02 PM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||E|
|Menongue||Tue 12:02 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||W|
|Kabwe||Tue 1:02 PM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||E|
|Kitwe||Tue 1:02 PM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||ENE|
|Lubumbashi||Tue 1:02 PM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||NE|
|Ndola||Tue 1:02 PM||667 km||415 miles||360 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.