Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 11:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 11:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.50 meters/second, 1546.2 km/hour, 960.8 miles/hour or 834.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 47.4"||960.50 mi||West||0° 09' 09.2"||10.49 mi||South||960.20 mi|
|24 hours||14° 20' 35.3"||955.83 mi||East||3° 07' 29.6"||214.89 mi||South||972.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubango||Tue 12:52 PM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||ENE|
|Huambo||Tue 12:52 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||ENE|
|Menongue||Tue 12:52 PM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||E|
|Luanda||Tue 12:52 PM||783 km||487 miles||423 nm||NNE|
|Malanje||Tue 12:52 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||NE|
|Walvis Bay *||Tue 1:52 PM||899 km||559 miles||486 nm||SSE|
|Rundu *||Tue 1:52 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||ESE|
|Uíge||Tue 12:52 PM||986 km||612 miles||532 nm||NNE|
|Windhoek *||Tue 1:52 PM||1008 km||627 miles||544 nm||SE|
|Kinshasa||Tue 12:52 PM||1330 km||827 miles||718 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.