Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.15 meters/second, 1541.3 km/hour, 957.7 miles/hour or 832.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 32.9"||957.46 mi||West||0° 08' 43.7"||10.00 mi||South||957.16 mi|
|24 hours||14° 25' 19.5"||958.32 mi||East||2° 55' 55.5"||201.64 mi||South||971.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montes Claros||Tue 12:46 PM||161 km||100 miles||87 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia||Tue 12:46 PM||286 km||177 miles||154 nm||W|
|Belo Horizonte||Tue 12:46 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||SSE|
|Goiânia||Tue 12:46 PM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||W|
|Rio de Janeiro||Tue 12:46 PM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||SSE|
|Salvador||Tue 12:46 PM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||ENE|
|São Paulo||Tue 12:46 PM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||S|
|Recife||Tue 12:46 PM||1435 km||892 miles||775 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Tue 12:46 PM||1552 km||964 miles||838 nm||NNE|
|Asuncion *||Tue 12:46 PM||1639 km||1018 miles||885 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.