Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 15:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 15:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.14 meters/second, 1541.3 km/hour, 957.7 miles/hour or 832.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.96 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||south||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 32.8"||957.43 mi||west||0° 08' 43.5"||10.00 mi||south||957.13 mi|
|24 hours||14° 25' 21.9"||958.34 mi||east||2° 55' 49.4"||201.53 mi||south||971.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montes Claros||Tue 12:48 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia||Tue 12:48 PM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||W|
|Goiânia||Tue 12:48 PM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||W|
|Belo Horizonte||Tue 12:48 PM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||SSE|
|Pirassununga||Tue 12:48 PM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||SSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Tue 12:48 PM||801 km||498 miles||432 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo||Tue 12:48 PM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||S|
|Salvador||Tue 12:48 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Tue 12:48 PM||1477 km||918 miles||797 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Tue 12:48 PM||1578 km||980 miles||852 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.