Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 4:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 16:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.02 meters/second, 1540.9 km/hour, 957.5 miles/hour or 832.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.7"||957.17 mi||West||0° 08' 41.2"||9.96 mi||South||956.87 mi|
|24 hours||14° 25' 45.1"||958.53 mi||East||2° 54' 48.9"||200.37 mi||South||971.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Goiânia||Tue 1:08 PM||146 km||91 miles||79 nm||ESE|
|Anápolis||Tue 1:08 PM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||E|
|Barra do Garças||Tue 1:08 PM||189 km||118 miles||102 nm||W|
|Brasilia||Tue 1:08 PM||286 km||178 miles||154 nm||E|
|Pedro Juan Caballero *||Tue 1:08 PM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||SW|
|São Paulo||Tue 1:08 PM||910 km||566 miles||492 nm||SSE|
|Fuerte Olimpo *||Tue 1:08 PM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Tue 1:08 PM||1074 km||668 miles||580 nm||SE|
|Asuncion *||Tue 1:08 PM||1249 km||776 miles||674 nm||SW|
|Salvador||Tue 1:08 PM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.