Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 6:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 18:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.37 meters/second, 1538.5 km/hour, 956.0 miles/hour or 830.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 25.0"||955.71 mi||West||0° 08' 28.4"||9.71 mi||South||955.41 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 53.8"||959.56 mi||East||2° 49' 00.2"||193.71 mi||South||971.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lima||Tue 1:02 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||N|
|Arequipa||Tue 1:02 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||E|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Tue 1:02 PM||685 km||425 miles||370 nm||ENE|
|La Paz||Tue 2:02 PM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Tue 2:02 PM||1306 km||812 miles||705 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Tue 2:02 PM||1369 km||851 miles||739 nm||ESE|
|Guayaquil||Tue 1:02 PM||1592 km||989 miles||860 nm||N|
|Quito||Tue 1:02 PM||1798 km||1117 miles||971 nm||N|
|Santiago *||Tue 3:02 PM||2016 km||1253 miles||1088 nm||SSE|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 12:02 PM||2148 km||1334 miles||1160 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.