Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.11 meters/second, 1534.0 km/hour, 953.2 miles/hour or 828.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 12.3"||952.89 mi||West||0° 08' 02.0"||9.21 mi||South||952.60 mi|
|24 hours||14° 31' 48.8"||961.28 mi||East||2° 37' 18.1"||180.31 mi||South||971.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Tue 12:46 PM||762 km||473 miles||411 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:46 PM||910 km||565 miles||491 nm||S|
|Papeete||Tue 11:46 AM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Tue 4:46 PM||2558 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:46 AM||2990 km||1858 miles||1614 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:46 AM||3505 km||2178 miles||1892 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 10:46 AM||4048 km||2515 miles||2186 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 11:46 AM||4310 km||2678 miles||2327 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:46 AM||4359 km||2708 miles||2353 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Wed 10:46 AM||4590 km||2852 miles||2478 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.