Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 9:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 21:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.10 meters/second, 1534.0 kilometres/hour, 953.2 miles/hour or 828.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 12.2"||952.87 mi||West||0° 08' 01.8"||9.21 mi||South||952.57 mi|
|24 hours||14° 31' 50.7"||961.29 mi||East||2° 37' 11.8"||180.19 mi||South||971.09 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Tue 12:48 PM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:48 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Tue 11:48 AM||1851 km||1150 miles||999 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Tue 4:48 PM||2602 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:48 AM||2940 km||1827 miles||1587 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:48 AM||3463 km||2152 miles||1870 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 10:48 AM||3997 km||2484 miles||2158 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 11:48 AM||4259 km||2647 miles||2300 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:48 AM||4308 km||2677 miles||2326 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Wed 10:48 AM||4540 km||2821 miles||2451 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.