Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 10:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.99 meters/second, 1533.6 km/hour, 952.9 miles/hour or 828.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 11.0"||952.62 mi||West||0° 07' 59.5"||9.16 mi||South||952.33 mi|
|24 hours||14° 32' 10.6"||961.43 mi||East||2° 36' 08.1"||178.97 mi||South||971.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Tue 1:08 PM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||SSE|
|Taiohae||Tue 12:38 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Tue 2:08 PM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Tue 12:08 PM||1341 km||833 miles||724 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:08 PM||2443 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 5:08 PM||3052 km||1897 miles||1648 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:08 PM||3062 km||1903 miles||1653 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 11:08 AM||3492 km||2170 miles||1885 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 12:08 PM||3748 km||2329 miles||2024 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:08 AM||3801 km||2362 miles||2053 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.