Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 12:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 00:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.37 meters/second, 1531.3 km/hour, 951.5 miles/hour or 826.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 04.9"||951.22 mi||West||0° 07' 45.7"||8.90 mi||South||950.93 mi|
|24 hours||14° 33' 59.2"||962.12 mi||East||2° 30' 01.8"||171.98 mi||South||970.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Tue 1:02 PM||623 km||387 miles||337 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 2:02 PM||648 km||402 miles||350 nm||SE|
|Pago Pago||Tue 1:02 PM||760 km||472 miles||410 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Wed 2:02 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||WNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Wed 2:02 PM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 1:02 PM||1150 km||714 miles||621 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 1:02 PM||1220 km||758 miles||659 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Tue 2:02 PM||1568 km||975 miles||847 nm||E|
|Suva||Wed 12:02 PM||1831 km||1138 miles||989 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 12:02 PM||2032 km||1263 miles||1097 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.