Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.49 meters/second, 1528.1 km/hour, 949.5 miles/hour or 825.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 56.6"||949.25 mi||West||0° 07' 25.2"||8.51 mi||South||948.96 mi|
|24 hours||14° 36' 23.3"||962.92 mi||East||2° 21' 06.1"||161.75 mi||South||969.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Wed 1:46 PM||989 km||615 miles||534 nm||NNE|
|Cairns||Wed 12:46 PM||1123 km||698 miles||606 nm||W|
|Brisbane||Wed 12:46 PM||1140 km||709 miles||616 nm||SSW|
|Noumea||Wed 1:46 PM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Wed 1:46 PM||1273 km||791 miles||687 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Wed 12:46 PM||1339 km||832 miles||723 nm||NW|
|Sydney *||Wed 1:46 PM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||SSW|
|Canberra *||Wed 1:46 PM||2081 km||1293 miles||1124 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Wed 2:46 PM||2219 km||1379 miles||1198 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Wed 2:46 PM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.