Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.17 meters/second, 1527.0 km/hour, 948.8 miles/hour or 824.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 53.5"||948.54 mi||West||0° 07' 17.6"||8.36 mi||South||948.26 mi|
|24 hours||14° 37' 12.3"||963.15 mi||East||2° 17' 47.7"||157.96 mi||South||969.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Normanton||Wed 1:46 PM||89 km||56 miles||48 nm||W|
|Cairns||Wed 1:46 PM||421 km||261 miles||227 nm||ENE|
|Tennant Creek||Wed 1:16 PM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||WSW|
|Alice Springs||Wed 1:16 PM||1064 km||661 miles||574 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:46 PM||1081 km||672 miles||584 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Wed 1:16 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Wed 1:46 PM||1567 km||974 miles||846 nm||SE|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:46 PM||1689 km||1049 miles||912 nm||N|
|Adelaide *||Wed 2:16 PM||1930 km||1200 miles||1042 nm||S|
|Sydney *||Wed 2:46 PM||2011 km||1249 miles||1086 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.