Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 3:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.12 meters/second, 1526.8 kilometres/hour, 948.7 miles/hour or 824.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 53.1"||948.43 mi||West||0° 07' 16.3"||8.34 mi||South||948.14 mi|
|24 hours||14° 37' 20.3"||963.19 mi||East||2° 17' 14.5"||157.33 mi||South||969.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Normanton||Wed 1:56 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||E|
|Tennant Creek||Wed 1:26 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Wed 1:56 PM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Wed 1:26 PM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Wed 1:26 PM||1102 km||685 miles||595 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:56 PM||1240 km||770 miles||669 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:56 PM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Wed 1:56 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||947 nm||SE|
|Dili||Wed 12:56 PM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||WNW|
|Eucla||Wed 12:41 PM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.