Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 4:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 04:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.06 meters/second, 1526.6 km/hour, 948.6 miles/hour or 824.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 52.6"||948.29 mi||West||0° 07' 14.8"||8.31 mi||South||948.00 mi|
|24 hours||14° 37' 29.8"||963.23 mi||East||2° 16' 34.5"||156.56 mi||South||969.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Wed 1:38 PM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||SW|
|Alice Springs||Wed 1:38 PM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Wed 1:38 PM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Wed 2:08 PM||976 km||607 miles||527 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Wed 2:08 PM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||NE|
|Dili||Wed 1:08 PM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Wed 12:53 PM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Wed 1:08 PM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Wed 1:08 PM||1894 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||N|
|Adelaide *||Wed 2:38 PM||1907 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.