Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 4:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 04:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.86 meters/second, 1525.9 kilometres/hour, 948.1 miles/hour or 823.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 50.6"||947.85 mi||West||0° 07' 10.0"||8.22 mi||South||947.56 mi|
|24 hours||14° 37' 59.2"||963.36 mi||East||2° 14' 28.1"||154.15 mi||South||969.35 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Halls Creek||Wed 12:46 PM||42 km||26 miles||22 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Wed 2:16 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||NNE|
|Tennant Creek||Wed 2:16 PM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||ESE|
|Alice Springs||Wed 2:16 PM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||SE|
|Kupang||Wed 12:46 PM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Wed 1:46 PM||979 km||608 miles||528 nm||NNW|
|Same||Wed 1:46 PM||1002 km||623 miles||541 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Wed 1:46 PM||1053 km||654 miles||568 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Wed 1:31 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||S|
|Makassar||Wed 12:46 PM||1662 km||1033 miles||898 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.