Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.45 meters/second, 1513.6 km/hour, 940.5 miles/hour or 817.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 22.0"||940.22 mi||West||0° 05' 33.2"||6.37 mi||South||939.98 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 32.7"||963.27 mi||East||1° 33' 11.0"||106.83 mi||South||964.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Belo Horizonte||Wed 1:46 PM||157 km||97 miles||85 nm||ESE|
|Pirassununga||Wed 1:46 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SW|
|Campinas||Wed 1:46 PM||456 km||284 miles||246 nm||SSW|
|Niterói||Wed 1:46 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||SSE|
|Brasilia||Wed 1:46 PM||469 km||292 miles||253 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Wed 1:46 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo||Wed 1:46 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||SSW|
|Goiânia||Wed 1:46 PM||509 km||317 miles||275 nm||WNW|
|Vitória||Wed 1:46 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||ESE|
|Santos||Wed 1:46 PM||543 km||338 miles||293 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.