Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 10:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.17 meters/second, 1509.0 km/hour, 937.7 miles/hour or 814.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 13.1"||937.36 mi||West||0° 04' 47.4"||5.49 mi||South||937.14 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 40.1"||961.72 mi||East||1° 14' 07.3"||84.98 mi||South||961.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 2:08 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 5:08 PM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Wed 12:08 PM||2871 km||1784 miles||1550 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:08 PM||3893 km||2419 miles||2102 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 4:08 PM||4134 km||2569 miles||2232 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:08 PM||4495 km||2793 miles||2427 nm||WNW|
|Lima||Wed 5:08 PM||4919 km||3057 miles||2656 nm||E|
|Alofi||Wed 11:08 AM||4974 km||3091 miles||2686 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Wed 5:08 PM||5013 km||3115 miles||2707 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Wed 4:08 PM||5153 km||3202 miles||2782 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.