Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 10:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 22:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.03 meters/second, 1508.5 km/hour, 937.4 miles/hour or 814.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||South||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 12.1"||937.04 mi||West||0° 04' 41.9"||5.39 mi||South||936.83 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 43.4"||961.48 mi||East||1° 11' 51.4"||82.38 mi||South||961.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 1:46 PM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:46 PM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Wed 12:46 PM||1916 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 5:46 PM||2409 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:46 PM||2948 km||1832 miles||1592 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:46 PM||3692 km||2294 miles||1993 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 11:46 AM||4024 km||2501 miles||2173 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 12:46 PM||4328 km||2690 miles||2337 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:46 AM||4546 km||2825 miles||2455 nm||W|
|Suva||Thu 10:46 AM||5255 km||3265 miles||2838 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.