Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 12:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.69 meters/second, 1507.3 km/hour, 936.6 miles/hour or 813.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||South||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 10.0"||936.26 mi||West||0° 04' 27.7"||5.11 mi||South||936.06 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 47.5"||960.79 mi||East||1° 06' 00.2"||75.67 mi||South||960.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Wed 2:24 PM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Wed 2:24 PM||630 km||391 miles||340 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Wed 1:24 PM||1565 km||972 miles||845 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 2:24 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1027 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 1:24 PM||2088 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 1:24 PM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 2:24 PM||2411 km||1498 miles||1302 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Wed 4:24 PM||2627 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Thu 12:24 PM||2798 km||1739 miles||1511 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 12:24 PM||3043 km||1891 miles||1643 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.