Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 02:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 02:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.24 meters/second, 1505.7 km/hour, 935.6 miles/hour or 813.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.59 mi||west||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||south||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 07.7"||935.33 mi||west||0° 04' 08.2"||4.74 mi||south||935.14 mi|
|24 hours||345° 14' 17.5"||959.78 mi||west||0° 58' 01.9"||66.54 mi||south||959.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nadi||Thu 2:36 PM||519 km||323 miles||280 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka||Thu 2:36 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Thu 1:36 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Thu 2:36 PM||601 km||374 miles||325 nm||ENE|
|Noumea||Thu 1:36 PM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||WSW|
|Luganville||Thu 1:36 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 3:36 PM||1232 km||765 miles||665 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:36 PM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Thu 4:36 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||947 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Wed 3:36 PM||1790 km||1112 miles||967 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.