Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 3:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 418.05 meters/second, 1505.0 kilometres/hour, 935.2 miles/hour or 812.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 06.7"||934.85 mi||West||0° 03' 59.5"||4.58 mi||South||934.66 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 36.4"||959.20 mi||East||0° 54' 29.9"||62.48 mi||South||958.42 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Thu 2:36 PM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||ESE|
|Luganville||Thu 2:36 PM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||ENE|
|Brisbane||Thu 1:36 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||SW|
|Port Vila||Thu 2:36 PM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Thu 2:36 PM||1179 km||733 miles||637 nm||N|
|Cairns||Thu 1:36 PM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||WNW|
|Sydney *||Thu 2:36 PM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:36 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||NW|
|Canberra *||Thu 2:36 PM||1943 km||1208 miles||1049 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Thu 3:36 PM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.