Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 3:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.99 meters/second, 1504.8 km/hour, 935.0 miles/hour or 812.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.58 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 06.5"||934.71 mi||West||0° 03' 56.5"||4.52 mi||South||934.52 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 33.8"||959.01 mi||East||0° 53' 17.9"||61.11 mi||South||958.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brisbane||Thu 1:56 PM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||S|
|Cairns||Thu 1:56 PM||949 km||590 miles||512 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Thu 2:56 PM||1301 km||808 miles||702 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Thu 2:56 PM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:56 PM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Thu 2:56 PM||1515 km||942 miles||818 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Thu 2:56 PM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||S|
|Canberra *||Thu 2:56 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||SSW|
|Alice Springs||Thu 1:26 PM||2130 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||WSW|
|Melbourne *||Thu 2:56 PM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.