Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 4:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 04:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.96 meters/second, 1504.7 km/hour, 934.9 miles/hour or 812.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.58 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 06.4"||934.64 mi||West||0° 03' 55.1"||4.49 mi||South||934.46 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 32.4"||958.92 mi||East||0° 52' 41.8"||60.42 mi||South||958.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Thu 2:06 PM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Thu 2:06 PM||829 km||515 miles||448 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Thu 2:06 PM||1273 km||791 miles||688 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Thu 3:06 PM||1472 km||915 miles||795 nm||NE|
|Sydney *||Thu 3:06 PM||1529 km||950 miles||825 nm||S|
|Canberra *||Thu 3:06 PM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Thu 3:06 PM||1765 km||1096 miles||953 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Thu 1:36 PM||1887 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||WSW|
|Melbourne *||Thu 3:06 PM||2072 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide *||Thu 2:36 PM||2092 km||1300 miles||1129 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.