Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 4:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 04:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.87 meters/second, 1504.3 km/hour, 934.7 miles/hour or 812.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.58 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||South||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 05.9"||934.44 mi||West||0° 03' 50.7"||4.41 mi||South||934.26 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 27.7"||958.63 mi||East||0° 50' 53.7"||58.35 mi||South||957.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Charters Towers||Thu 2:36 PM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||E|
|Cairns||Thu 2:36 PM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||NNE|
|Alice Springs||Thu 2:06 PM||1171 km||728 miles||632 nm||WSW|
|Brisbane||Thu 2:36 PM||1187 km||738 miles||641 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 2:36 PM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||NNE|
|Sydney *||Thu 3:36 PM||1660 km||1032 miles||896 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Thu 2:06 PM||1690 km||1050 miles||913 nm||WNW|
|Canberra *||Thu 3:36 PM||1740 km||1081 miles||940 nm||SSE|
|Adelaide *||Thu 3:06 PM||1743 km||1083 miles||941 nm||SSW|
|Melbourne *||Thu 3:36 PM||1963 km||1220 miles||1060 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.