Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 4:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 04:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 417.81 meters/second, 1504.1 kilometres/hour, 934.6 miles/hour or 812.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.58 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||South||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 05.7"||934.30 mi||West||0° 03' 47.6"||4.35 mi||South||934.12 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 24.3"||958.44 mi||East||0° 49' 41.7"||56.98 mi||South||957.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Isa||Thu 2:56 PM||71 km||44 miles||38 nm||SSW|
|Tennant Creek||Thu 2:26 PM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Thu 2:26 PM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Thu 2:56 PM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Thu 2:26 PM||1275 km||792 miles||688 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 2:56 PM||1427 km||886 miles||770 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Thu 2:56 PM||1576 km||980 miles||851 nm||ESE|
|Adelaide *||Thu 3:26 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||S|
|Eucla||Thu 1:41 PM||1677 km||1042 miles||906 nm||SW|
|Sydney *||Thu 3:56 PM||1896 km||1178 miles||1024 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.