Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 5:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 05:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.66 meters/second, 1503.6 km/hour, 934.3 miles/hour or 811.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.57 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 05.1"||933.98 mi||West||0° 03' 40.2"||4.21 mi||South||933.80 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 14.4"||957.94 mi||East||0° 46' 41.3"||53.53 mi||South||957.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Halls Creek||Thu 1:46 PM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||N|
|Tennant Creek||Thu 3:16 PM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Thu 3:16 PM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Thu 3:16 PM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Thu 2:31 PM||1278 km||794 miles||690 nm||S|
|Dili||Thu 2:46 PM||1308 km||813 miles||706 nm||N|
|Perth||Thu 1:46 PM||1764 km||1096 miles||952 nm||SW|
|Denpasar||Thu 1:46 PM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Thu 1:46 PM||1894 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Thu 3:46 PM||1934 km||1202 miles||1045 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.