Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 8:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 08:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 417.19 meters/second, 1501.9 kilometres/hour, 933.2 miles/hour or 810.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 03.6"||932.91 mi||West||0° 03' 14.0"||3.71 mi||South||932.76 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 26.1"||956.00 mi||East||0° 36' 06.8"||41.41 mi||South||955.02 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Diego Garcia||Thu 2:42 PM||2025 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||NW|
|Amsterdam Island||Thu 1:42 PM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||SSW|
|Jakarta||Thu 3:42 PM||2782 km||1729 miles||1502 nm||ENE|
|Port Louis||Thu 12:42 PM||2929 km||1820 miles||1582 nm||W|
|Male||Thu 1:42 PM||3017 km||1875 miles||1629 nm||NNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 2:12 PM||3076 km||1911 miles||1661 nm||NNW|
|Singapore||Thu 4:42 PM||3116 km||1936 miles||1682 nm||NE|
|Saint-Denis||Thu 12:42 PM||3135 km||1948 miles||1693 nm||W|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 4:42 PM||3142 km||1952 miles||1696 nm||NE|
|Perth||Thu 4:42 PM||3275 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.