Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 8:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 08:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 417.18 meters/second, 1501.8 kilometres/hour, 933.2 miles/hour or 810.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 03.6"||932.89 mi||West||0° 03' 13.4"||3.70 mi||South||932.74 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 24.7"||955.96 mi||East||0° 35' 52.3"||41.13 mi||South||954.97 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Diego Garcia||Thu 2:46 PM||1955 km||1215 miles||1055 nm||NW|
|Amsterdam Island||Thu 1:46 PM||2049 km||1273 miles||1106 nm||SSW|
|Port Louis||Thu 12:46 PM||2829 km||1758 miles||1528 nm||W|
|Jakarta||Thu 3:46 PM||2868 km||1782 miles||1549 nm||ENE|
|Male||Thu 1:46 PM||2973 km||1847 miles||1605 nm||NNW|
|Saint-Denis||Thu 12:46 PM||3036 km||1886 miles||1639 nm||W|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 2:16 PM||3057 km||1900 miles||1651 nm||N|
|Singapore||Thu 4:46 PM||3184 km||1978 miles||1719 nm||NE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 4:46 PM||3202 km||1990 miles||1729 nm||NE|
|Perth||Thu 4:46 PM||3362 km||2089 miles||1815 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.