Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 9:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 09:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 417.05 meters/second, 1501.4 kilometres/hour, 932.9 miles/hour or 810.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 03.3"||932.61 mi||West||0° 03' 05.9"||3.55 mi||South||932.46 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 07.1"||955.36 mi||East||0° 32' 52.0"||37.69 mi||South||954.39 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Thu 1:36 PM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||W|
|Diego Garcia||Thu 3:36 PM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||N|
|Port Louis||Thu 1:36 PM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||W|
|Saint-Denis||Thu 1:36 PM||1789 km||1112 miles||966 nm||W|
|Amsterdam Island||Thu 2:36 PM||1986 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||SSE|
|Victoria||Thu 1:36 PM||2551 km||1585 miles||1377 nm||NW|
|Antananarivo||Thu 12:36 PM||2635 km||1637 miles||1423 nm||W|
|Male||Thu 2:36 PM||2721 km||1691 miles||1469 nm||N|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 3:06 PM||3123 km||1940 miles||1686 nm||NNE|
|Port-aux-Francais||Thu 2:36 PM||3218 km||2000 miles||1738 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.