Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 10:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 10:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.89 meters/second, 1500.8 km/hour, 932.6 miles/hour or 810.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.54 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 03.1"||932.25 mi||West||0° 02' 55.5"||3.35 mi||South||932.10 mi|
|24 hours||14° 43' 39.3"||954.49 mi||East||0° 28' 39.9"||32.87 mi||South||953.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint-Denis||Thu 2:46 PM||61 km||38 miles||33 nm||SW|
|Saint-Paul||Thu 2:46 PM||84 km||52 miles||46 nm||SW|
|Saint-Pierre||Thu 2:46 PM||104 km||65 miles||56 nm||SSW|
|Port Louis||Thu 2:46 PM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||E|
|Toamasina||Thu 1:46 PM||723 km||450 miles||391 nm||WNW|
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Thu 2:46 PM||797 km||496 miles||431 nm||E|
|Antananarivo||Thu 1:46 PM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||W|
|Antsirabe||Thu 1:46 PM||923 km||574 miles||498 nm||W|
|Moroni||Thu 1:46 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||NW|
|Victoria||Thu 2:46 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||947 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.