Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.31 meters/second, 1498.7 km/hour, 931.3 miles/hour or 809.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 03.6"||930.96 mi||West||0° 02' 11.8"||2.52 mi||South||930.85 mi|
|24 hours||14° 41' 09.0"||950.46 mi||East||0° 11' 18.2"||12.96 mi||South||949.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Thu 3:36 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||ENE|
|Monrovia||Thu 3:36 PM||3003 km||1866 miles||1621 nm||N|
|Rio de Janeiro||Thu 12:36 PM||3056 km||1899 miles||1650 nm||W|
|Abidjan||Thu 3:36 PM||3064 km||1904 miles||1654 nm||NNE|
|Luanda||Thu 4:36 PM||3173 km||1972 miles||1713 nm||ENE|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 3:36 PM||3178 km||1974 miles||1716 nm||NNE|
|Windhoek *||Thu 5:36 PM||3186 km||1980 miles||1720 nm||E|
|São Tomé||Thu 3:36 PM||3216 km||1999 miles||1737 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Thu 3:36 PM||3226 km||2005 miles||1742 nm||N|
|Accra||Thu 3:36 PM||3253 km||2022 miles||1757 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.