Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 3:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.28 meters/second, 1498.6 km/hour, 931.2 miles/hour or 809.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 03.8"||930.89 mi||West||0° 02' 08.9"||2.46 mi||South||930.78 mi|
|24 hours||14° 40' 56.7"||950.16 mi||East||0° 10' 06.6"||11.59 mi||South||949.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Thu 3:56 PM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Thu 12:56 PM||2252 km||1400 miles||1216 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Thu 12:56 PM||2294 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Thu 12:56 PM||2564 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Thu 12:56 PM||2870 km||1783 miles||1550 nm||NW|
|São Paulo||Thu 12:56 PM||2918 km||1813 miles||1575 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Thu 3:56 PM||3103 km||1928 miles||1675 nm||NNE|
|Brasilia||Thu 12:56 PM||3152 km||1959 miles||1702 nm||W|
|Freetown||Thu 3:56 PM||3278 km||2037 miles||1770 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Thu 3:56 PM||3283 km||2040 miles||1772 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.