Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 6:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 18:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.06 meters/second, 1497.8 km/hour, 930.7 miles/hour or 808.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||South||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 05.1"||930.40 mi||West||0° 01' 46.4"||2.04 mi||South||930.31 mi|
|24 hours||14° 39' 16.3"||947.83 mi||East||0° 01' 18.2"||1.50 mi||South||947.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Campo Grande||Thu 2:24 PM||77 km||48 miles||42 nm||WNW|
|Pedro Juan Caballero *||Thu 3:24 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||SW|
|Ciudad del Este *||Thu 3:24 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||S|
|Foz do Iguaçu||Thu 3:24 PM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||S|
|Barra do Garças||Thu 3:24 PM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||NNE|
|Asuncion *||Thu 3:24 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||SW|
|Goiânia||Thu 3:24 PM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||NE|
|Encarnación *||Thu 3:24 PM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||SSW|
|São Paulo||Thu 3:24 PM||816 km||507 miles||440 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia||Thu 3:24 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.