Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 11:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.76 meters/second, 1496.7 km/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 09.7"||929.72 mi||West||0° 01' 01.2"||1.17 mi||South||929.67 mi|
|24 hours||14° 35' 09.6"||942.64 mi||East||0° 16' 22.7"||18.78 mi||North||943.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 3:24 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||SW|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 2:24 PM||968 km||601 miles||523 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 6:24 PM||1816 km||1129 miles||981 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Thu 1:24 PM||2515 km||1563 miles||1358 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:24 PM||3516 km||2184 miles||1898 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:24 PM||4253 km||2642 miles||2296 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:24 PM||4599 km||2858 miles||2483 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 1:24 PM||4923 km||3059 miles||2658 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:24 PM||5105 km||3172 miles||2756 nm||W|
|Lima||Thu 6:24 PM||5287 km||3285 miles||2855 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.