Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 19, 2012 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 19, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.69 meters/second, 1496.5 km/hour, 929.9 miles/hour or 808.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 12.1"||929.57 mi||West||0° 00' 43.1"||0.83 mi||South||929.53 mi|
|24 hours||14° 33' 15.2"||940.39 mi||East||0° 23' 22.4"||26.80 mi||North||941.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:24 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 3:24 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Thu 3:24 PM||654 km||407 miles||353 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Thu 2:24 PM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 3:24 PM||1979 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 2:24 PM||2134 km||1326 miles||1152 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:24 PM||2187 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:24 PM||2538 km||1577 miles||1371 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Thu 5:24 PM||2555 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Fri 1:24 PM||2839 km||1764 miles||1533 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.