Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 19, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 19, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.66 meters/second, 1496.4 kilometres/hour, 929.8 miles/hour or 808.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 14.1"||929.51 mi||West||0° 00' 30.9"||0.59 mi||South||929.48 mi|
|24 hours||14° 31' 52.0"||938.80 mi||East||0° 28' 07.6"||32.25 mi||North||940.81 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:46 PM||94 km||58 miles||51 nm||WSW|
|Pangai||Fri 3:46 PM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||N|
|Neiafu||Fri 3:46 PM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||N|
|Alofi||Thu 3:46 PM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Fri 2:46 PM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||WNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 4:46 PM||828 km||515 miles||447 nm||NNE|
|Pago Pago||Thu 3:46 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||NNE|
|Labasa||Fri 2:46 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Fri 4:46 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||NNE|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 2:46 PM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.