Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 19, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:32 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 19, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.66 meters/second, 1496.4 km/hour, 929.8 miles/hour or 808.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.50 mi||west||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||south||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 14.1"||929.51 mi||west||0° 00' 30.7"||0.59 mi||south||929.48 mi|
|24 hours||14° 31' 51.0"||938.77 mi||east||0° 28' 11.4"||32.32 mi||north||940.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:46 PM||67 km||42 miles||36 nm||WSW|
|Pangai||Fri 3:46 PM||128 km||79 miles||69 nm||N|
|Neiafu||Fri 3:46 PM||262 km||163 miles||141 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Thu 3:46 PM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Fri 2:46 PM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||WNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 4:46 PM||836 km||520 miles||452 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Fri 4:46 PM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||NNE|
|Pago Pago||Thu 3:46 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||NNE|
|Nadi||Fri 2:46 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||WNW|
|Lautoka||Fri 2:46 PM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.