Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 19, 2012 at 4:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 19, 2012 at 04:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.65 meters/second, 1496.3 km/hour, 929.8 miles/hour or 808.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 17.4"||929.48 mi||West||0° 00' 12.8"||0.25 mi||South||929.46 mi|
|24 hours||14° 29' 43.1"||936.39 mi||East||0° 35' 02.0"||40.17 mi||North||939.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brisbane||Fri 2:46 PM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||SSW|
|Noumea||Fri 3:46 PM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Fri 3:46 PM||1250 km||777 miles||675 nm||ENE|
|Cairns||Fri 2:46 PM||1254 km||779 miles||677 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Fri 3:46 PM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||NNE|
|Sydney *||Fri 3:46 PM||1536 km||955 miles||829 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 2:46 PM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||NW|
|Canberra *||Fri 3:46 PM||1760 km||1094 miles||950 nm||SSW|
|Melbourne *||Fri 3:46 PM||2194 km||1363 miles||1185 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Fri 4:46 PM||2278 km||1416 miles||1230 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.