Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 19, 2012 at 6:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 19, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.66 meters/second, 1496.4 kilometres/hour, 929.8 miles/hour or 808.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 20.3"||929.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||North||929.50 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 51.8"||934.37 mi||East||0° 40' 37.9"||46.59 mi||North||937.61 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Fri 3:54 PM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||NNE|
|Alice Springs||Fri 3:54 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||S|
|Darwin||Fri 3:54 PM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Fri 3:09 PM||1269 km||789 miles||685 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Fri 4:24 PM||1377 km||856 miles||744 nm||ENE|
|Dili||Fri 3:24 PM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||NNW|
|Adelaide *||Fri 4:54 PM||1629 km||1012 miles||880 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 4:24 PM||1951 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Fri 4:24 PM||2116 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||ESE|
|Perth||Fri 2:24 PM||2127 km||1322 miles||1149 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.