Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 19, 2012 at 9:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 19, 2012 at 09:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.74 meters/second, 1496.7 kilometres/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 27.3"||929.70 mi||West||0° 00' 31.6"||0.60 mi||North||929.72 mi|
|24 hours||14° 23' 45.2"||930.02 mi||East||0° 52' 02.2"||59.66 mi||North||934.58 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Amsterdam Island||Fri 2:46 PM||1998 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||SSW|
|Diego Garcia||Fri 3:46 PM||2027 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||NW|
|Port Louis||Fri 1:46 PM||2861 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||W|
|Jakarta||Fri 4:46 PM||2871 km||1784 miles||1550 nm||ENE|
|Male||Fri 2:46 PM||3048 km||1894 miles||1646 nm||NNW|
|Saint-Denis||Fri 1:46 PM||3065 km||1905 miles||1655 nm||W|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 3:16 PM||3128 km||1944 miles||1689 nm||N|
|Singapore||Fri 5:46 PM||3207 km||1993 miles||1732 nm||NE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 5:46 PM||3232 km||2009 miles||1745 nm||NE|
|Perth||Fri 5:46 PM||3299 km||2050 miles||1781 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.