Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 19, 2012 at 12:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 19, 2012 at 12:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.86 meters/second, 1497.1 km/hour, 930.3 miles/hour or 808.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.50 mi||west||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||north||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 33.0"||929.96 mi||west||0° 00' 53.4"||1.02 mi||north||930.01 mi|
|24 hours||14° 20' 30.9"||926.70 mi||east||1° 00' 15.9"||69.09 mi||north||932.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fianarantsoa||Fri 3:14 PM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||WSW|
|Antsirabe||Fri 3:14 PM||279 km||174 miles||151 nm||WNW|
|Antananarivo||Fri 3:14 PM||302 km||187 miles||163 nm||NW|
|Toamasina||Fri 3:14 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||N|
|Saint-Denis||Fri 4:14 PM||623 km||387 miles||337 nm||E|
|Toliara||Fri 3:14 PM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||WSW|
|Mahajanga||Fri 3:14 PM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||NNW|
|Port Louis||Fri 4:14 PM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||E|
|Mamoutzou||Fri 3:14 PM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||NNW|
|Moroni||Fri 3:14 PM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.