Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 19, 2012 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 19, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.11 meters/second, 1498.0 km/hour, 930.8 miles/hour or 808.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.03 mi||North||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 42.2"||930.52 mi||West||0° 01' 24.2"||1.61 mi||North||930.59 mi|
|24 hours||14° 15' 33.7"||921.75 mi||East||1° 11' 50.9"||82.37 mi||North||929.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Fri 3:46 PM||712 km||443 miles||385 nm||NW|
|Windhoek *||Fri 5:46 PM||1920 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||E|
|Luanda||Fri 4:46 PM||2059 km||1279 miles||1112 nm||NE|
|Cape Town||Fri 5:46 PM||2429 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||SE|
|São Tomé||Fri 3:46 PM||2507 km||1558 miles||1353 nm||NNE|
|Kinshasa||Fri 4:46 PM||2572 km||1598 miles||1389 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Fri 4:46 PM||2575 km||1600 miles||1390 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Fri 4:46 PM||2631 km||1635 miles||1421 nm||NNE|
|Gaborone||Fri 5:46 PM||2831 km||1759 miles||1529 nm||ESE|
|Abidjan||Fri 3:46 PM||2910 km||1808 miles||1571 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.