Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 19, 2012 at 6:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 19, 2012 at 18:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.33 meters/second, 1498.8 km/hour, 931.3 miles/hour or 809.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||North||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 49.2"||931.03 mi||West||0° 01' 45.3"||2.01 mi||North||931.12 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 53.7"||918.18 mi||East||1° 19' 47.0"||91.47 mi||North||926.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vitória||Fri 3:14 PM||358 km||223 miles||194 nm||W|
|Petrópolis||Fri 3:14 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||WSW|
|Niterói||Fri 3:14 PM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Fri 3:14 PM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||WSW|
|Salvador||Fri 3:14 PM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||N|
|São Paulo||Fri 3:14 PM||1048 km||651 miles||566 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Fri 3:14 PM||1286 km||799 miles||694 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Fri 3:14 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Fri 3:14 PM||1897 km||1179 miles||1024 nm||N|
|Asuncion *||Fri 3:14 PM||2180 km||1354 miles||1177 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.